We currently live in a world where people walk right past each other. So I decided to write down 10 random questions and ask strangers to answer them. Just to bring the spotlight on “everyday people”. I was planning on doing this in the Netherlands but since I’m in Barcelona by myself I might as well begin here.
While chilling in the sun, I saw a couple in front of me and asked them if they would like to be the first people who I interview for my “10 Questions with …” segment. They agreed and were very friendly.
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Jonathan: I hope I won’t miss the plane.
Laura: I hope the plane won’t crash.
- Why did you take a trip to Barcelona?
Jonathan & Laura: Because Barcelona is a beautiful place and the weather is hot which is good because the summer in Belgium wasn’t all that.
- What did you want to become when you were a kid?
Jonathan: A Cop
- What is your current occupation?
Jonathan: Currently a student, Bachelor in Programming.
Laura: Also a student, second year of Psychology Master.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Jonathan: Being a programmer for video games – then Laura gave him a look and asked about kids and marriage so he added- Also married and having kids. 😉
Laura: Working as a group Psychologist with criminals (focusing on profiling), travelling, being married, having kids… Oh, and having a house of course.
- Where do you get your inspiration from? Person or a quote for example?
Jonathan: An inspirational person for me is Éric Zemmour. (French writer/journalist)
Laura: A quote which might be cliché but still a good one for me is ” Carpe diem”.
- What’s your favorite genre of music?
Jonathan & Laura: rock/electro/metal
- People can wake you up in the middle of the night to…
Jonathan: To drink a beer, or to play a video game.
Laura: Same for me, except the video game part.
- If you had all the money and time in the world, where would you like to travel next and why? Jonathan: Japan, for the culture and technology.
Laura: China also for the culture. (Jonathan added: … and the dictatorship 😉 )
- What’s your message to the world?
Jonathan: Don’t try to fit in, just be yourself instead of following the mass. Don’t be a sheep.
Laura: Take people as they are, especially when you travel.Thank you Jonathan & Laura, I wish you all the best and hope you had a good time in Barcelona.